Sent from my iPhone IMG_2277.MOV
Grace has been wanting one for a long time. Meanwhile saving money and gift cards. Yesterday trip to Toys R Us with mom and casual shopping. Looked at a few and found one. But it was 100dollars! About 25 dollars more than Grace had saved so far. Grace maturly realized it was not the day. Then the employee who had been helping Grace showed Grace the 25% off sign that had fallen down!Yeah! ..and mom picked up the tab on a new skater helmet. Today Dad and Grace assembled it and went for a spin. Lots to learn, but already fun.
Grace School *MOTHERS’ DAY*
…Another SELFIE video by Grace. She’s a nut!.
What To Get Mom
Grace Did This “Selfie” Video ……she has a question.
Grace Gets Her Own Camera
Grace asked for her own camera so we gave her one of our old ones. She has taken a real liking to taking pictures/videos …and even doing “selfie” videos. Pretty funny. Here is what she did first few hours with her camera.
Fantastic Dentist Appointment!
Best dentist appointment yet!! Teeth look great -including the new ones coming in! 6-year molars are also coming in, and the Dentist wants to seal them on an upcoming visit to help prevent decay.
Many permanent teeth are visible in the x-ray and all look to be in very decent position, better than mom and dad had speculated from the first two lower teeth that have made themselves visible. Dentist said even those two new teeth look good and will straighten out. And, the two big front teeth are positioned to come in and fill that current gap between the top two front baby teeth.
** And, 94% score on brushing. While room for improvement, this is the best score yet!!! Yeah, let’s keep tracking forward!!
Not much classroom time remaining if we go back to school …so Grace and dad will play hooky to celebrate this great appointment!! Shhhhh, don’t tell Mrs. Kattelman!!
Click Image Below To View Pictures
What an interesting Easter.
Started out after a day of Grace and mom returing from a week in Las Vegas!
– Then coloring easter eggs,
– Easter Morning discovered Easter Bunny had brought all kinds of goodies!
– Spontaneous family road trip to Oakland CA …included snow over the Sierras!
– Great Hotel on Jack London square -then some exploring
– Stumbled on a bowling alley where we treated ourselves to Easter Dinner! Yep, really, Easter dinner at a bowling alley in Oakland! We know how to roll.
– Next day took ferry (first time for Grace) into San Francisco.
– Walked dozens of miles, Wharf, Chinatown, North Beach, Financial District ……
* Cable cars, gourmet italian lunch (Grace amazed them with her appetite for spaghetti and meatballs!), and lots of urban exploring.
– Ferry back to Oakland
** Of course went out for some of the best “Que” in the west. Grace again amazed the folks at the BBQ joint. Man was it good!!!
– Next day was spent at the Oakland Zoo. Fantastic zoo, perfect size and very well done. WE HAD THE WHOLE PLACE TO OURSELVES!! It was awesome.
– Back to Jack London square for our final night ….explored, dinner and of course more ice cream.
Drove back home today (Wednesday …nice trip. Actually a great trip. Oakland, we’ll be BACK!
*** Click Image For Gallery Of Pics
Science Project –Kindergarten
This week was the letter “X”. So an X-xplosion seemed like a great idea to Grace’s superstar teacher Mrs. Kattelman.
Ever mix Mentos (ya, the candy) and Soda?? If not you’ve been missing out on some fun. Here Grace running for cover to a parent-helper after dropping the Mentos in the grape soda.
V I D E O
Wrapping up Birthday Weekend -Steakhouse
A great Birthday weekend and to wrap it all up, Grace wanted to celebrate with a Steakhouse dinner. Always a treat, the whole staff knows and loves Grace and vice versa. Grace ate a HUGE serving of Steak Diane …and of course was not shy with desert. What great girl, what a great birthday weekend.
Grace 6th Birthday
Birthday number 6 and it was a great one. We’re very proud of your Grace, you’re a wonderful little girl …and getting bigger each minute. Happy 6th Birthday!